Friday 15 November 2013

My first Cynthia Rowley Dress

Hello all 

This post will mark the start of my first series of posts chronicling the making of my first Cynthia Rowely dress from start to finish. 

The Pattern


I bought this pattern aaaaagggeeessss ago to make as a wedding outfit but then I found out I was preggo and not only did I completely loose my sewjo I refused to make something that I knew I'd never fit. Now Squish is 10months old and I'm ready to lock and load. 

I have chosen to make view C as I love the shape of the neckline, very flattering for my shape I hope! However I shall be leaving off the tabs as I'm not keen on them and also lengthening both the body (this is where my height is) and the skirt as that's a tad too short for my liking.

The Fabric

Michael Miller Garden Wall, Windsong fabric


Dont you just love it??!!! I'm in 2 minds as to whether this will make up the whole dress or if I will use it along side something else but it will definitely make up part of the dress.  I bought this on eBay and have already prewashed and ironed it ready for this project. 

A Muslin

For the first time EVER I am making a full muslin before I start eeeeekkk!!! I so want this to turn out well so I figure a toile is the way to go.  I didn't particularly want to use any of my yummy stash fabric for this though so I saught an alternative. A bedsheet! Genius!  So I nipped down to Asda and came home with this: 


I don't have a dressmaking dummy so I will be cutting my pieces from this, basting them and fitting them to me.  Ill rope hubby into help me with this.

Soooooo the next step will be getting my muslin cut and made I hope you'll join me again soon and see how I get on.  

Do you have any advice or tips for me?

Thank you for coming, Gem xx



No comments:

Post a Comment